LeaP is an adaptive learning tool that builds personalized learning paths for students. It determines and recommends the most effective content per learning objective, guiding students through content that adapts to their personal strengths and weaknesses as they interact with the tool.
LeaP creates learning paths based on course-specific, standard, or school-specific learning objectives. It uses content taken from the course to teach the objectives, and questions exported from the Question Bank to assess mastery of the objectives.
Incorporating learning paths into your course
You can use LeaP in different ways:
- As a primary source of learning You can create modules to be personalized learning paths with LeaP. In this case, you do not enable pre-tests, and all students are initially presented with a default learning path to review like a typical content module. Personalization begins once students take their first test.
- As review/test preparation You can include LeaP as the last item in a static content module, so that students can review and check their understanding of the material in the module.
- As remediation You can direct students to LeaP when they are having problems. In this case, you may find it helpful to enable pre-tests and hiding the mastered content to ensure that LeaP is delivering content only for the objectives the student is having trouble with.
How do I set up learning paths for the first time?
- What you need to set up learning paths
- Creating a learning path in Learning Environment 10.1
- Creating a learning path in Learning Environment 10.2
- Creating a learning path in Learning Environment 10.3
- Creating a learning path in Learning Environment 10.4
- Creating a learning path in Moodle 2.4.6+
- Creating a learning path in Canvas
- Creating a learning path in Blackboard 9.1 SP14+
How do I manage existing learning paths?
- Adding new content to an existing learning path
- Adding new questions to an existing learning path
- Hiding student-contributed content
- Hiding questions in a learning path
- Disabling student ability to contribute content
- Reviewing and adjusting alignments in an existing learning path
- Choosing a grade option for synchronizing Test Me grades with the grade book
- Specifying how LeaP recommends content to learners
How do I analyze student performance in LeaP with reports?
- Student performance against learning objectives
- Student engagement with content against learning objectives
- Learning path view count data
- Individual student progress in a learning path
How do I copy and remove learning paths (D2L users only)?
What are some troubleshooting tips?
- Moodle is a trademark or registered trademark in the U.S. and/or other countries.
- Canvas is a registered trademark or trademark of Instructure, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.
- Blackboard is a trademark or registered trademark of Blackboard Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.