Capture enables you to view CaptureCast presentations as part of course content. If you are a user with access to Capture Portal, you can access live webcast presentations with your computer or mobile device, look for scheduled live events from the Capture Calendar page, interact with other attendees and presenters through chat, and view presentations on-demand after past live events and offline recordings are published. If you are a Learning Environment user, you can view live events and on-demand CaptureCast presentations in your course content.
How do I participate in CaptureCast presentations?
- Accessing Capture Portal
- Viewing a CaptureCast presentation
- Viewing CaptureCast presentations offline and in mobile playback
- Participating in a live event chat
- Adding comments and replies to a CaptureCast presentation
Capture comprises a set of webcasting tools that enable you to create, record, and publish CaptureCast presentations. CaptureCast presentation formats are a combination of media from camera, microphone, and computer sources. As a presenter, you can schedule an event, webcast to an audience in real-time, interact with attendees through chat and publish it later for on-demand viewing.
What are the components of Capture?
- Basic Capture components
- Installing Capture Software
- Connecting Capture Software to Capture Portal
- Connecting Capture Software to Learning Environment
- Understanding Capture Software presentation actions and layouts
- Managing Capture Software device and layout settings
- Capture Software default configuration values
- Built-in Capture Portal tools: Web Capture, Producer, and Upload Video
- Understanding Queued Publishing Service
How do I use Capture?
- Webcasting a live CaptureCast presentation
- Recording an offline CaptureCast presentation
- Publishing a CaptureCast presentation
- Creating live events
- Managing live events
- Managing published CaptureCast presentations
- Managing folders
- Presenting and publishing with Web Capture
- Managing participants in live event chat
- Understanding access controls
- Uploading non-Capture videos
- Splitting long CaptureCast presentations into playlists
- Creating playlists from published presentations
- Purging deleted CaptureCast presentations
How do I edit in post-production?
- Understanding the Producer tool
- Accessing Producer
- Loading a presentation from revision history in the Producer tool
- Editing audio and video
- Editing slides
- Editing chapters
- Adding captions
- Adding closed captions with the Producer tool
- Requesting captions from CaptionSync
- Creating and adding SRT files
Capture Central in Learning Environment